If you've just installed your RadPower kit and something isn't quite right, don't worry! We have some troubleshooting steps for you.
If your pedal assist is not working, please check the following:
1. Did you program the display based on the recommended settings found on the product page?
- Suggested Settings:
- P1 = 100
- P2 = 5
- P3 = 1
- P4 = 0
- P5 = 0
- C1 = 3
- C2 =0
- C3 =1
- C4 = 0
- C5 = 2
- C6 =3
- C7 = 1
- C8 = 0
- C9 = 0
- C10 = N
- C11 = 0
- C12 = 4
- C13 = 0
- C14 = 1
2. If after adjusting the settings your pedal assist still doesn't work, check the following cables to ensure they are fully plugged in:
- Pedal assist connector (yellow 3 pin coming from the sensor)
- Motor Cable
- Main wiring harness cable (the one typically tucked into the frame). Ensure this cable does not have any bent pins.
3. If it still does not function, please check to make sure the motor works with throttle to eliminate a different type of problem. If throttle works but the pedal assist does not, the next step would be a different pedal assist sensor, or the stock motor controller and display. This should narrow down where the problem is occurring.
If you receive motor sensor error 03:
In nearly all cases of receiving this error, the motor cable is not fully seated. Please note that the arrows can sometimes be up to 1/8th turn off. The cable should be firmly seated however, with the lines around the circumference of each half of the plug nearly flush. Wiggle back and forth on both cables and push firmly together.
I have a 48v battery but it says 53v (or similar).
This is perfectly normal. A 48v battery when fully charged will actually be about 54 volts.
My speed doesn't read correctly, it jumps up to 49mph when coasting (and/or reads 0)
Please verify your P2 setting. An incorrect setting here will cause the wrong speed to be display when coasting.
My battery voltage is over 48v, but the gauge reads empty.
Take the bike for a ride! Depending on settings it may be waiting to calibrate. A few seconds of riding should fix this.
I can't get my headlight to turn on.
Use the UP arrow (as opposed to the middle button and up arrow on the stock display).